• I am writing about my dog Nulla. Recently we noticed that the tip of her nose has lost most of the hair growing on it. She hasn't had any accident or episode to her nose. She hasn't been outside for prolonged periods of time (it is cold here!) I am not sure what to think of it. We haven't been to the vet about it yet. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else's B?

Thanks!

• How does the underlying skin look? How old is nulla. Loss of hair on the nose can be so many things from a form of alopecia, to mites, to something bit the dog and it didn't show up but now hair loss.

• The underlying skin is black. Nulla is 3 and 1/2. We are going to take her to the vet. We've been looking at pictures and it is incredibly noticeable the difference. She has no hair loss anywhere else on her body…

• Cara got a bald spot on her side. I never noticed a bite of any kind or ANY inflammation etc. I can only assume SOMETHING bit her and that was what happened. No hair was regrowing, so I started putting neem extract on it. It was, btw, about the size of a quarter so very noticeable. It has finally, after about 5 mos, regrown.

• It sounds like one of my Basenji's (Bungwa) ears. He is losing hair in patches on his ears. I first put it down to him pushing his head through the wire fence but thinking back one of his predecessors had the same but also his nose as you describe. It's a very long time ago and i can't remember how we trated it nor what causes it. I'm off to the vet with him next week for a diagnosis and treatment.

I'll be interested to hear what your vet thinks.

Suggested Topics