• You are probably thinking what does Knut, the Berlin polar bear have with rainbow bridge. Although it may sound kind of odd, but watching his demise reminded me of my first basenji called Nymph, or Nimmy for short. I was watching this beautiful animal on the edge of his pool and his hind legs were twitching and then his front legs, and then all of a sudden, he fell into the pool to his ultimate death. Nimmy would sleep with me on my bed. She was a wonderful basenji and in a way spoiled it for me for all other basenjis as she was just perfect. I could take her for a walk in a park and I knew that as long as she could see me she would not wander off onto the roadway or elsewhere. If I whistled for her or gave her a shout, she would be beside me within seconds. Not the two basenjis I have now. Anyway, getting back to how Knut reminded me of Nimmy. The days leading up to having Nimmy put down, she started getting the leg trembles and then fall off the bed. She just didn't know where she was. The vet diagnosed her having a brain tumor just like I assume Knut's autopsy will reveal. She was a wonderful pet and I was very lucky to be introduced to the breed by this champion of a dog.

• Waitโ€ฆdid Knut die? I am sorry about your B....it is so hard to lose them, and the memories of them are brought back to us at the most random times.

• @Quercus:

Waitโ€ฆdid Knut die?

Yes a couple of days ago - he was only 4. ๐Ÿ˜ž They said on the news today that there were anomalies in his brain that lead to his death. I wonder if that might have been why his mother rejected him at birth. ๐Ÿ˜ž

• To the OP - yes, strange things can trigger memories of any loved one - always seems like when you least expect it. It is especially difficult to see them struggle or suffer. I'm sorry about Nimmy. ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @renaultf1:

Yes a couple of days ago - he was only 4. ๐Ÿ˜ž They said on the news today that there were anomalies in his brain that lead to his death. I wonder if that might have been why his mother rejected him at birth. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I don't know how I missed this! How sad ๐Ÿ˜ž

• Thanks for the kind words, but I am not sad at all for my loss. I remember the wonderful times that I had with her and how lucky I was to have her in my life. ๐Ÿ™‚ As much as Pepper is a challenge, I probably will be saying the same about her when she finally goes (if I don't send her into the afterlife myself, that is). ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested Topics