• Yesterday i took Malaika a small walk to the local shop. I left her on a dog hook near to the window so i could see her. The dog hook is fixed to the wall near to the post box.
    As i was queing at the counter i spotted a man who appeared to be waving his arms near her so i quickly went to see what was happening. I opened the door, unpaid for loaf under my arm and saw that he was trying to post several letters. Everytime he tried to post one Malaika reared up and tried to grab it.
    I apologised and told him that she was in fact friendly, he was very nice about it and said he was trying not to provoke her :o, i again reinforced that she was friendly.
    After paying for the loaf i met him again on the way out and he asked what type of dog she was, he said she looked like a Dingo. No wonder he was worried 😃
    He did post his letters successfuly but can you imagine if she'd managed to get one and shredded it :o 😉

• Hi Shelley
    I like this little story. Can I pinch it for the next NBS newsletter?
    Sez Les

• @Les:

Hi Shelley
    I like this little story. Can I pinch it for the next NBS newsletter?
    Sez Les

Your welcome Les. i've got to start work on Benji's story again but have been a little distracted just lately 😃

• Thanks Shelley. Make a nice little filler.
    I've already started on the Summer Newsletter.
    Not at Crufts today then?
    Sez Les

• Houston

How cute..bet he was a little confused as to what she was wanting.."nor sir, she doesn't want you she wants your letters.."

• How cute! Of course, a basenji person would think it was cute. 🙂

• @Basenjimamma:

How cute..bet he was a little confused as to what she was wanting.."nor sir, she doesn't want you she wants your letters.."

Yes you're right Petra, only Basenji people realy understand 😃

• @Kipawa:

How cute! Of course, a basenji person would think it was cute. 🙂

so true….......:D

• @Les:

Thanks Shelley. Make a nice little filler.
    I've already started on the Summer Newsletter.
    Not at Crufts today then?
    Sez Les

No Les, we couldn't go to Crufts as we had no Puppy sitter, been a busy Dog day though.
    A walk by the river this morning, then training with Malaika.Then it was swop Dogs and a trip to pets@home for supplies.

• Just love the stories of "Them" critters. A guy a work wanted one and i warned him. He comes into work one day with the bottom buttons missing on his flannel shirt, no damage done, just the buttons missing. Next week, he comes in and he is missing the bows in his tied shoes.
    Maliakia a common name or not? I had one of that name many years ago.
    Dave

• Okay guys - totally off topic, but how do you highlight (so it appears in the blue box) a quote from a poster that you want to reply to? When I do it, I just get the WHOLE quote rather than the part I want to comment on. May thanks for your patience, in advance!
    Julie

• when the whole quote comes up, i just delete the part that doesn't relate to what i'm replying to. just don't delete the part where it says QUOTE and /QUOTE in brackets.

• @DaMac:

Just love the stories of "Them" critters. A guy a work wanted one and i warned him. He comes into work one day with the bottom buttons missing on his flannel shirt, no damage done, just the buttons missing. Next week, he comes in and he is missing the bows in his tied shoes.
    Maliakia a common name or not? I had one of that name many years ago.
    Dave

😃 Dave i take it the guy at work didn't heed your warning.

I would love to see a picture of your Malaika

• @thunderbird8588:

😃 Dave i take it the guy at work didn't heed your warning.
    I would love to see a picture of your Malaika

Well, these are from 25 years ago! Had to scan them in. The Brn/W is Maliakia and the tri-color is her daughter. Maliakia happens to be the mother of the first two "B"'s that Wanda Pooley ever had and the tri-color is one of those two - very long story.
    Dave

• Thank you for showing me the picture of the beautiful Maliakia and her daughter

• I expect Malaika thought the man was playing with her! Silly man not to know!

Damac - thank you for posting thos pictures.

Suggested Topics