• πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Here's Daisy! We've had her just one week. I've snapped so many pictures. It's hard to decide which ones to show off. She has successfully claimed our hearts. I haven't heard her bark yet. She growls and sings with the daintiest voice. (maybe she yodels - it's hard for me to know yet.) But the sounds that she makes are very different than Duke.)

Daisy was 9 weeks old here and apx. 8 lbs. She is a Basenji-mix. Her mother, Abby is full Basenji and was pregnant with 5 pups when given to a shelter in Wisconsin. The shelter called BRAT to find help for Abby. We are the lucky recipients of her only tri pup. 2 are red/white like Abby and 2 are all black with specs of white.

1st pic is Duke & Daisy's 1st ride home together. Daisy begins her future with her new family.

After our long ride home from Indiana, we gave Daisy her farewell plush toy from her foster mom.

Next is of Duke & Daisy getting to know each other. Daisy found an escape hatch!

Finally, Daisy finds comfort and peace in her new pooch cozy in her crate where she can eat - and sleep.

attachment_t_1075_0_d-dcrates070223.jpg
    attachment_t_1075_1_daisyschew070224.jpg
    attachment_t_1075_2_d-descapehatch070225.jpg
    attachment_t_1075_3_daisyeatncozycrate070302.jpg
    attachment_t_1075_4_daisysleepncozy070302.jpg

• omg jill, she is adorable. cute Cute CUTE!
    i love duke's face, i might have named him zorro with that mask of his. πŸ˜‰
    he always looks soooo proud.

• Congrats, Jill…I had yet to tell you...My goodness she is cute! What a sweet big bro Duke is...that is just too adorable (I can't believe how often I've used that word on this site!)!! I love the escape hatch and the cozy in her crate. She really is a beautiful addition to your home. I can't wait to hear the stories and see more pictures!

• congrats! what an adorable new addition!!! I LOVE that cozy bed you have for her in the crate! what a GREAT idea!

• OMG…what a beautiful baby...makes me want a puppy...congratulations!!!

• Thank you all for all the compliments! Duke does look proud! But I know what he's thinking . . . "This is my new toy and we're going home together?" <pant-pant>Aside from his disappointment that she has her own agenda, I feel like a proud new mommy! :o My son Dylan loves Daisy too. (He would like to change Duke & Daisy's names to Raichu & Zapdos as in Pokemon names?!?) πŸ˜‰ Except pronunciation is a problem for me. (also the spelling which he went to great lengths to spell for me.) :eek:

Potty training is going OK! We have forgiveable accidents. (My/our fault mostly. She is paper trained. Lucky me!). I am using positive training techniques - pea size treats for going outside and for every potty outside. She loves it when we say the word "outside". I have learned so much about positive training here and so this time around with Daisy, training is so much more fun than it was with Duke. I am sure she is learning positive things from Duke's responses too. I couldn't want for more right now. πŸ™‚ This website rocks! :)</pant-pant>

• Oh Jill! Daisy is beyond precious!!!! Those freckles on her legs/paws are just darling! I have puppy fever SO bad!! πŸ™‚

• GIMME GIMME GIMME! She's obviously not being pampered enough at your house! πŸ˜ƒ

What a love!

• @gbroxon:

GIMME GIMME GIMME! She's obviously not being pampered enough at your house! πŸ˜ƒ

What a love!

ROFL!!! Thank you! I don't think she could be more spoiled! I'm doing the best I can for her right now. That cozy will likely go on the wayside as she get's bigger and more destructive. For now . . . there it is. πŸ™‚ more pics as they develop. πŸ™‚

• Jill-where did you get that great cozy?? It looks so comfy I may need to get Topaz one….she usually burries herself under her blanket & goes to sleep.

• OMG she is an absolute doll, huge congrats!!!

• @Duke:

My son Dylan loves Daisy too. (He would like to change Duke & Daisy's names to Raichu & Zapdos as in Pokemon names?!?) πŸ˜‰ Except pronunciation is a problem for me. (also the spelling which he went to great lengths to spell for me.) :eek:

OMG, Jill! My daughter (7), son (3) and niece (8) will want Pokemon names if we ever got a puppy too! I think it would be Dratini, Geodude or Plusle!! :eek: Can you imagine??

• @jys1011:

Jill-where did you get that great cozy?? It looks so comfy I may need to get Topaz one….she usually burries herself under her blanket & goes to sleep.

Thanks! That cozy was purchased from a vendor at a dog show called the Pet Expo. I don't know the vendor's name. When I get home today, I'll look and see if there is a tag somewhere on it that indicates the manufacturer. It's amazing how much money you can spend at these venues with so many vendors.

OMG, Jill! My daughter (7), son (3) and niece (8) will want Pokemon names if we ever got a puppy too! I think it would be Dratini, Geodude or Plusle!! :eek: Can you imagine??

πŸ˜ƒ LOL! You have to admit that these Pokemon names are way more original than Duke & Daisy!

• Yeah no cozy for me, Abby would have it for lunch. πŸ˜‰ She can not have anything in her crate except her bone/chew toys.

• @abby_basenji:

Yeah no cozy for me, Abby would have it for lunch. πŸ˜‰ She can not have anything in her crate except her bone/chew toys.

Yeah - I know the cozy will be history in some time to come. It's out of the crate now b/c she peed in it. The mat is removable and washable. For now, it's used as her little hide out and teasing zone from Duke. It gets dragged around the house by my 2 fur kids - already it's beginning to look a bit sad. 😞

btw - It doesn't have any tags by the manufacturer. Oh well - it's amazing how many vendors sell their stuff at the dog shows. You have to sift thru to find the cutest things.

• I took these pics on Saturday, May 12th. Daisy has grown like a weed since I last posted pics here. She is 20 weeks old, weighs 19 lbs and about 15 inches to shoulder. Daisy is almost as big as Duke who is 24.5 lbs and 16 inches to shoulder and is 1 year 4 mos.

Below, the two are taking a break in the action - This is their love seat. It happens to be in most of my pics b/c it's in my office - They follow me everywhere.

• OMG! She is just beautiful, Jill!! My has she grown into such a lovely young lady…and how handsome her big brother is! What a gorgeous family you have!

• @nala121498:

OMG! She is just beautiful, Jill!! My has she grown into such a lovely young lady…and how handsome her big brother is! What a gorgeous family you have!

Thank you - she is very special to us. Her story is quite interesting and we are thankful to have her in the family, especially her big brother Duke, I'm sure! :rolleyes:
    To summarize her bio, noted in the beginning of this thread:

Daisy was 9 weeks old here and apx. 8 lbs. She is a Basenji-mix. Her mother, Abby is full Basenji and was pregnant with 5 pups when given to a shelter in Wisconsin. The shelter called BRAT to find help for Abby. We are the lucky recipients of her only tri pup. 2 are red/white like Abby and 2 are all black with specs of white.

She has grown like a weed before my eyes in the 2.5 months we've had her. I bet she'll grow to be bigger than Duke, as she is almost only 5 mos old. She's very smart and proving that in our Puppy class (another thread). Can you tell I'm am a proud mommy? πŸ™‚

• If I remember right, the thought was the male was a beagle?… and I can see that with all the "ticking" in the legs and her tail... obviously she took more from mom... but I thought it was the Basenji Club of Southeastern Wisconsin that fostered her and placed the pups? Not that it matters if a B club or BRAT...

• @tanza:

If I remember right, the thought was the male was a beagle?… and I can see that with all the "ticking" in the legs and her tail... obviously she took more from mom... but I thought it was the Basenji Club of Southeastern Wisconsin that fostered her and placed the pups? Not that it matters if a B club or BRAT...

Thank you Pat. Yes, exactly the BCOSW, if not BRAT, (I wasn't sure if they work in tandum), Thank you for clarifying if they do not. Then it does matter, b/c the people who've assisted me are a wonderful dedicated group for their work and rescue efforts. I apologize for not differentiating.

As far as Beagle? Original thoughts with ticking might be Brittany Spaniel or Spaniel of some sort. Her charcteristics, well . . . She is very quiet, but will growl and has piped out a bark or two that sounds like . . . well very dainty (IMO) during rough-housing protests with Duke. She makes cat sounds while yawning or being moved in bed. Last week, she let out a very loud BAAROOOOOOO when my son startled her when disengaging the La-Z-Boy recliner - the mechanism was loud and Daisy was snoozing on the sofa. My husband and I went running into the family room to see what the heck it was!! So I guess that was her first Basenji "baroo".

Suggested Topics