• I found this ad in craigslist. It sounds like they don't have the dog in their possession but I'm not sure.

FOUND: Male Basenji looking dog (South Tampa)

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-03-01, 8:12PM EST
    Reply to: comm-5gxjc-2242007896@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

–------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw near Gandy and Himes. Think it's a basenji. Mostly brown with patches of white on chest, lower legs and snout. No collar and very obedient. Looks like picture below.

?Location: South Tampa
    ?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2242007896
    attachment_t_10881_0_found-male-basenji-south-tampa.jpg

• Looks like a b to me.

• Interesting. I was about to post a thread about a found male basenji, my friend met a young girl who rescued a red male neutered basenji in south Tampa this morning, he had been out all night (at least), thin but very nice and socialized. She said she put up flyers saying it was a Jack Russell and someone crossed out JR and put basenji. So I doubt it was the same dog though the facial markings look familiar, both are thin, the one found today is chipped, but chip is not registered. could be the same dog and he escaped from the previous rescuer! Strange to find 2 red male basenjis lost within a mile of each other.

I have sent messages to every basenji person I know in this area.

• I also just responded to this craigslist add as well. It surely must be the same dog, it would be too odd for similar marked dogs to be lost the same day in the same part of Tampa.

• The lady who posted this ad wasn't able to catch him, so he is still running loose… hopefully someone will be able to rescue him!

• Good news! This boy was found! 🙂

• Oh excellent! I love these 'good news' posts.

Suggested Topics