Help me find my B's Breeder!

• @gbroxon:

Really!?!?! :eek: Gosh…

yeah, that kind of blew me away, too. I've known a lot of people who don't know much about the AKC, but I've never known anyone who wasn't aware of it, and certainly never a vet that didn't know something about it.

Boggles the mind.

• Actually I may have found some information - I searched the site for Bear and just scrolled until I found something with Panda Bear and behind it is Bolar. Sounds awfully close - if that is the right set of animals (there are some from NZ mixed in so they are not all together) you likely have an animal from a puppy mill. I do recognize many names behind those dogs.

The only breeders I'm aware of that may fit the bill of geography and have B&W are Karen Kutchta and Deb Devorchak, There was also the K-Bar kennel - geez what was her name - but I think they were in Michigan. If you want to email me off the list - you are welcome to do so and I'll sleuth a bit further with you.

There are also some folks who track B&W because some believe that there is 2 distinct genetics in B&W - some of those folks may be able to help you. Contact me at:
    dmcarty100@yahoo.com

• Well, I've been off this post for a long time… and I greatly appreciate everyone sluething! I'm guessing I will just have to be satisfied with not knowing Rocky's actual pedigree. It would have been nice to know his background 9and possibly follow some of his original doggie family), but I am content in knowing that we are his family and he is loved. As he's a neutered male, it's not like we're breeding him!

Thanks again everyone!

• @RockysWoman:

Well, I've been off this post for a long time… and I greatly appreciate everyone sluething! I'm guessing I will just have to be satisfied with not knowing Rocky's actual pedigree. It would have been nice to know his background 9and possibly follow some of his original doggie family), but I am content in knowing that we are his family and he is loved. As he's a neutered male, it's not like we're breeding him!

Thanks again everyone!

You should consider doing the DNA test for Fanconi especially with not knowing the pedigree… www.basenjihealth.org

And remember all, for those not DNA tested, monthly strip tests are a MUST

• Sorry about that, I forgot that Rocky had Fanconi….

• It's all good. If it weren't for the constant incontinance, I'd wonder about him having Fanconi too. It still amazes me how "normal" they can act while being so sick!

Suggested Topics