• So finally got some spare time and thought i would share some photos from Cyclone Yasi. Of course its all aftermath photos as it was night time when it crossed

This is the afternoon before Yasi, we decided to all settle in and have a snooze as we figured it was going to be a loong night, Hope decided to snooze in her crate 🙂 the cutie

Our update at 11pm from BOM. When we started to regret our decision staying in our home a little.

bye bye tree

and this is our tree (the same as above) on the neighbours side

Brand new paint job on the house, wrecked

The house didnt handle too well, the straight line is a join but the curved line wasnt there before Yasi. The house was starting to break apart

this is a six way highway (three lanes each way)…

a wind generator on The Strand

the road out to see my horse.. hm

at the inlaws doing clean up (fun pic)

…Hope had enough of cleaning and voted to wait in the car. teehee subtle message there Hope?

after 3 days of clean up we hit the beach to let the dogs have a good run off the leash. snapped this pic of Hope n i

and the little one is buggered, we all felt like this. its been a lonnng week

i could add a tonn more but theres just so many 😛

• Great pictures, thanks for sharing and sure glad to hear that all human and animals are OK…. other "stuff" can be fixed and replaced!!!

• Oh my!:eek:

Glad you made it through safe and sound!

• Such devastation! Pat said it well… that the most important thing is that all humans and animals made it through the storm.

Hopefully this is the last hurricane you will see and experience in your lifetime.

• Great pictures thank you for sharing. Great no one was hurt. Wish we could wear shorts about 2 degrees tonight. Besafe.

Rita Jean

• I am glad you and yours are safe. Sorry about the house - can it all be fixed? Hopefully it can, i don't know much about that sort of thing.

Oh, and I don't think that fence is basenji-proof.

• Wow…glad your ok...

• Houston

I am so sorry you had you go through this, glad you and yours are safe and sound.. Everything else can be fixed….thanks for taking the time to share. Stay safe, stay sane...

• @Kipawa:

Hopefully this is the last hurricane you will see and experience in your lifetime.

Same here, unfortunatly we get threatened with at least 2 or 3 at the start of the year every year. We call them cyclones (our wind ratings start lower than your hurricanes) 🙂

@Rita:

Great pictures thank you for sharing. Great no one was hurt. Wish we could wear shorts about 2 degrees tonight. Besafe.

Rita Jean

haha eeps. i really dislike cold weather, but where i live it gets down to maybe 9 degrees for one night during winter MAYBE. and i think thats freezing LOL we live in shorts and aircon here 🙂

@agilebasenji:

I am glad you and yours are safe. Sorry about the house - can it all be fixed? Hopefully it can, i don't know much about that sort of thing.

Oh, and I don't think that fence is basenji-proof.

yeah our owner came around, he said that they should just be able to brace the side of the house with some wood and stuff. they could always clad the house to make it stronger but i dont know if they will go to that expense. We wont be staying there if another one comes anyway heh… :rolleyes:

yeah, dang fence. i was devastated when it crashed on the fence... nooo! so Hope had to come everywhere with us for the rest of the week (not that she doesnt go with us everywhere anyway) but then we finally got a chainsaw and cut the tree up and the OH's dad fixed the fence again so its basenji proof again 😃 although the owner will have to eventually come around and replace the panel of it though

• I'm so glad that you're all ok. We have high winds lately but I keep , zereminding myself how terrible it has been out there Compared to yours ours are only a 'light breeze'.

Suggested Topics