• Sonny & I got up and went for our usual 6:15 walk before I go to work. We got back about 7am & I needed to shovel a few more spots of the almost 15 inches of snow we got yesterday!:eek: I let Sonny in the back door and and he usually lays by the door waiting for me when he knows I'm right outside. About 5 minutes later I went to open the back screen door and it wouldn't open. Sonny had hit the lock on the door when he jumped up on it. 😞 So he & I are looking at each other through the window and he's lucky he's got such a cute face cause I wasn't not too happy! 😉 It took me about 10 minutes of kicking the handle on the door to get it to pop open…....I was late for work & Sonny just went back to bed! 😃

Next time he stays outside with me! :p

• Gave it the ole karate kick huh! Sonny wasn't laughing was he?:D I keep an extra key hidden outside.

• @nobarkus:

Gave it the ole karate kick huh! Sonny wasn't laughing was he?:D I keep an extra key hidden outside.

Dan…Sonny was howling when I started to kick the door...he was not happy about that! There is no key to the screen door..it only locks/unlocks from the inside! :p

• ooh! you're going to give me nightmares!

• ROFLMAO…. Sonny has got something to tell to his doggy friends! 😃

• So glad you were able to open the door! Sonny may have thought he was next to get a kick, haha!

• @sonnyboy:

Dan…Sonny was howling when I started to kick the door...he was not happy about that! There is no key to the screen door..it only locks/unlocks from the inside! :p

Is it one of those security screen doors that's heavy duty and you can't see in?

• My first laugh for the day..sorry, not funny to you.
    Glad it all ended well.

• @nobarkus:

Is it one of those security screen doors that's heavy duty and you can't see in?

No Dan it has a window on top so he could see the not so happy look on my face :rolleyes:

• @sharronhurlbut:

My first laugh for the day..sorry, not funny to you.
    Glad it all ended well.

That's ok…even I can't help but laugh about it now! Everyone at work got a good chuckle about why I was late yesterday 😃

• This reminds me of when I was moving for college and had my stuff packed in my hatchback and my kitty in the backseat. I had stopped for gas and when I returned she had jumped to the front seat and hit the lock(old car manual lock). Of course the nice man at the gas station tried the wire hanger trick to unlock the door and kitty though the hanger was a play thing everytime we would get it unlocked she would hit the hanger and the lock the door again. At the time I was mad, but years later it makes me laugh.

• LOL! I think Basenjis have a warped sense of humor and they do these things on purpose, getting a big kick out of themselves!! I, too, have been the victim of this prank.

When I was still driving a truck, Jibini locked us out of our truck on the side of the road in Montana. We were broke down on an off-ramp, 100 miles from civilization, waiting on a tow truck. It was an all-day wait. We were trying to stay in good spirits. I decided to get out of the truck and take some pictures so I could blog about it later. Fred came with me. It was chilly out, and Jibini seemed content to stay buried under the blankets in the sleeper….so we let him.

Unfortunately we'd forgotten about the bag of snack mix we'd left on the dashboard. Jibini woke up after we left (of course), found the snack mix & stood on the armrest to get at it. The door-lock button was also on the armrest in that truck, so Jibini made sure he had a "secure snacking environment". :rolleyes: And while I usually carried a spare key in my pocket, I'd put on a different pair of pants that morning without bothering to take the key out of my other pants.

Luckily I thought to grab my cell phone before getting out of the truck so we were able to call our boss & have him hunt down a locksmith- otherwise we'd have been stuck out in the near-freezing, windy weather for the next 5-6 hours until the tow truck finally showed up! As it was, we had to wait an hour and a half for a locksmith to arrive. I took a picture of Jibini's smug little face while we were waiting. This, folks, is what Basenji laughter looks like:

• Haha. funny stories Im so glad everyone's worked out for the best

Suggested Topics