• That's a shame that it is only available on DVD in the states. I do have it on video but don't have a video player anymore:(

• LOL well I hate to admit it, but Sayblee pointed sometimes. I told her she was NOT a pointer.

• @basi:

That's a shame that it is only available on DVD in the states. I do have it on video but don't have a video player anymore:(

Jenny,
    it should be available from Amazon when it's back in stock, as Debra pointed out.
    I managed to get Autumn Magic and Heart of the Savannah books from USA sellers on Amazon

• @thunderbird8588:

Jenny,
    it should be available from Amazon when it's back in stock, as Debra pointed out.
    I managed to get Autumn Magic and Heart of the Savannah books from USA sellers on Amazon

Ahh brill must have missed that post:D

• One little correction - it ships free, the DVD itself is not free on Amazon. This movie played over the weekend on Saturday afternoon and we caught it accidentally scrolling through for football, so we watched it. Not a great movie, but worth the watch to see Lady.

• We were out walking Dolce the other night and a jogger asked what kind of dog she was. When we told him a Basenji he said he thought that was her breed. He went on to say that he remembered seeing a movie with a Basenji that was so well trained he considered getting one. When I told him how challenging they are to train and at that split second Dolce bolting after a squirrel, nearly ripping my arm out of the socket, he said on the other hand perhaps my lifestyle is really not suited for a dog right now.

• @MDSPHOTO:

We were out walking Dolce the other night and a jogger asked what kind of dog she was. When we told him a Basenji he said he thought that was her breed. He went on to say that he remembered seeing a movie with a Basenji that was so well trained he considered getting one. When I told him how challenging they are to train and at that split second Dolce bolting after a squirrel, nearly ripping my arm out of the socket, he said on the other hand perhaps my lifestyle is really not suited for a dog right now.

OMG that is so familiar! I've had the same thing happen when I'm walking my two on retractables on their leads, and a nice person stops to say how beautiful they are, and they'd love to have such a pretty dog, then they both spy a cat, or a squirrel, or a bird, or waving grass, and the neighbor sees me getting dragged like the girls are Budweiser Clydesdales. Suddenly, pretty ain't so pretty any more!!:eek:

• Yes, Basenjis do point - I have seen this on video too but never on DVD.

• First Basenji's

I got my copy in a few days ago and finally watched it last night. It's a cute movie, and I'll admit that I hugged Cody extra tight near the end.

I also found and downloaded James Street's short stories "Weep No More, My Lady" (1941) and "Please Come Home, My Lady" (1942) that were published in The Saturday Evening Post.
    I haven't read them yet though.

• Okay so watching and OMG wth is with that "laughing" noise? I mean, they make such wonderful noises, why did they insert that?

Also, reading… I THOUGHT they gave the boy the dog because they bonded, but this article says it was in the contract from the beginning:
    http://www.apubasenjis.com/Good-Bye%20My%20Lady_a.pdf

I was thinking the actor died pretty young, just didn't realize how young, and tragic 😞
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001121/bio

However, he managed to keep his career building up to his adult status. While en route to visit his wife at a hospital where she had recently undergone surgery, he was killed in a vehicle accident as the camper van he was driving struck a parked truck. He was only thirty years old.

Suggested Topics